UREC Student Employment
University Recreation employs over 700 students each year. There is an array of job opportunities within the department, ranging from Lifeguards to Office Assistants to Recreational Sports Managers and more!
To get an idea of the employment options check out the program area job descriptions below:
|Communications Positions||Outdoor Program Positions|
|Aquatics Positions||Recreational Sports Positions|
|Fitness & Wellness Positions||Member Services Positions|
|Facility & Maintenance Positions||Graduate Assistant Positions|
Benefits of Working for University Recreation
- Flexible hours - you can work around your class schedule.
- Excel in the classroom:
- A great location-right in the heart of campus.
- A great atmosphere, fun people and a healthy environment.
- Develop work experience while still in school.
- Increased career readiness competencies and experiences upon graduation. This makes you more marketable for future employers. Nearly 91% of employers "prefer that candidates have work experience."
- An opportunity for public interaction and connections.
- Job opportunities for students who desire to work and/or need income.
- Offset the cost of your schooling. Working a part-time job may allow you to reduce loans required for day-to-day expenses therefore reducing your total debt upon graduation.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to:
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Dr.
Boone, NC 28608