The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Are you ready to get Yosef back to the outdoors? From trips to Bike App, we are excited for the Spring 2021 semester!
We have made modifications to how we explore the outdoors. The information below should help prepare you for participating!
Download the App State UREC App
Have you downloaded our new App? If not, take just a minute to do so now!
App State UREC App For IOS users, please visit this website to download the app; for Android users, please visit this website to download the app.
The Climbing Wall will provide bouldering and top rope climbing in Spring 2021.
Bouldering days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Top rope days: Wednesday, Sunday
- Climbing wall will be open in 90 minute increments for up to 4 climbers at a time on top rope days, and 45 minute increments for up to 5 climbers at a time on bouldering days.
- 12pm-1:30pm will be reserved for increased risk populations.
- Climbers are encouraged to register in advance for a climbing time. Walk in registrations are allowed if spots are available.
- If you are under the age of 18, we need a "wet-ink" on paper parent/guardian signature on the Climbing Wall Policy Statement and Inform Consent before you can climb.
Explore the forests, paddle the rivers, climb the rocks, discover what you can do. Boone has over two million acres of wild, rugged, and undeveloped land at our doorstep. It will take a lifetime to experience it all, so you'd better get started now.
Outing Center gear rental is available! Rent basic gear to aid in the success of your own adventures.
- Equipment can be picked up on Fridays.
- Reserve the week of the rental period via an online form no later than 24 hours in advance or come in-person on Friday.
Bike App hours are often adjusted due to weather/staffing. Please check our adjusted hours for any updates.
University Recreation’s Outdoor Program is offering a range of team building options based on your group’s needs. Program options include:
- Virtual Team Building (up to 1.5 hours)
- Low/Ground Team Building
- High Ropes Team Building
Programs can be centered around establishing a foundation for leadership development, communication, trust, relationship building and more.
Need to reach someone in Outdoor Programs?
Outing Center (828) 262-4954
Dusty Roberts, Graduate Assistant for Outdoor Programs
Connect with us through Social Media!