Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated November 9, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
About Outdoor Programs
Are you ready to get Yosef back to the outdoors? From trips to Bike App, we are excited for the Fall 2020 semester!
We have made modifications to how we explore the outdoors. The information below should help prepare you for participating!
Download the App State UREC App
Have you downloaded our new App? If not, take just a minute to do so now!
App State UREC App For IOS users, please visit this website to download the app; for Android users, please visit this website to download the app.
The Climbing Wall will provide bouldering only in Fall 2020.
- Climbing wall will be open in 90 minute increments for up to 5 climbers at a time.
- 12pm-1:30pm will be reserved for vulnerable populations.
- Climbers need to register in advance for a climbing time.
- No equipment for the wall will be available to rent at this time.
- At this time chalk will not be permitted to be used at the wall.
- If you are under the age of 18, we need a "wet-ink" on paper parent/guardian signature on the Climbing Wall Policy Statement and Inform Consent before you can climb.
Explore the forests, paddle the rivers, climb the rocks, discover what you can do. Boone has over two million acres of wild, rugged, and undeveloped land at our doorstep. It will take a lifetime to experience it all, so you'd better get started now.
Outing Center gear rental is available! Rent basic gear to aid in the success of your own adventures.
- Equipment can be picked up either Friday or Saturday
- Reserve the week of the rental period via an online form no later than 24 hours in advance or come in-person on Friday or Saturday
Bike App hours are often adjusted due to weather/staffing. Please check our adjusted hours for any updates.
University Recreation’s Outdoor Program is offering a range of team building options based on your group’s needs. Program options include:
- Virtual Team Building (up to 1.5 hours)
- Low/Ground Team Building
- High Ropes Team Building
Programs can be centered around establishing a foundation for leadership development, communication, trust, relationship building and more.
Additional questions? UREC COVID-19 Updates for Fall 2020
Interested in working with our Outdoor Programs team? UREC Student Employment
Track your movement alongside your fellow Mountaineers and compete against other schools across the nation. Track your minutes for a chance to win swag from Rec Movement Schools. Each week you log 200 minutes, you will be entered to win.
Need to reach someone in Outdoor Programs?
Outing Center(828) 262-4954
Dusty Roberts, Graduate Assistant for Outdoor Programs
Connect with us through Social Media!