Procedure for Affiliation
Interested in forming a Club Sport team?
First, take a look at the Club Sports Manual to learn more about Club Sports and then look below.
Club Sport Petition – Checklist & Timeline
- Meeting with Assistant Director for IM & Club Sports (at least 2 people who are going to start the team) - PJ Hartleb, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approval from Campus Activities with proof from a professional representative
- Written Proposal: (to include at minimum)
- CS Request for Affiliation Form
- Letter of Support from Faculty/Staff advisor
- Proof of governing body
- Proof of recognition by Community-Engaged Leadership
- Statement of reason to be a Club Sport recognized team/mission statement
- Sample Practice layout
- Anticipated Facility and Equipment needs (group and individual)
- Budgets (team, individual, etc.)
- Copy of EIN confirmation from IRS which includes the name of the EIN
- Proof of current interest (list of names, App State Emails, and contact numbers)
- Contacts of competition
- Goals (immediate and long term)
- Any other information that you may want to inform the Club Sports Executive Board and the Club Sports Council
- Return to Play Guidelines
A hard copy of the proposal and proof of recognition by Campus Activities is due by 5pm last day of Exams of the Fall Semester to the Club Sports Office within the UREC Offices of the Student Recreation Center.
- Officers meet with Club Sports Executive Board to review proposal - January/February/March
- Officers present in front of the Club Sports Council - March/April