Who is considered a household member?
The following family members of students, permanent employees (faculty and staff), temporary and adjunct staff, and retired faculty/staff of Appalachian State University are considered "household members" and qualify for access:
- Spouses/domestic partners
- Children up to age 26 who qualify as a dependent for federal income tax purposes.
Requirements for Membership:
- A household member must be 18 years or older to be in the facility on their own.
- A household member who is less than 18 years of age* will need to have an 18+ year old Parent or Guardian with them at all times.
- Each household member must have a valid AppCard for admission.
* This requirement has been updated per App State's Policy 111.1 section 3.1 that defines a minor as any person under the age of 18.
How do you add a household member to your membership?
If you wish to add household members to your membership, please complete the Facility Access Membership Form below and submit it to Kimberly Anthony.
We kindly ask that you allow 2 business days to process this request.
How do I show "proof of same address" for the adult household member I would like to add to my membership?
If you are purchasing a family membership, your membership must be approved in person at the Student Recreation Center (SRC). Both adult members must be present and you must bring "proof of same address" prior to your membership being activated. The following documents may be used to show "same address":
- current utility bill
- personal check
- current lease/mortgage
- valid driver's license
- current insurance bill or card
- current bank/credit card statement
- current semester tuition bill
- current payroll check