Dependent Access is now allowed effective 5/24/21
At this time, your dependents may book at the Climbing Wall, in the Pool, in our Cardio areas and to shoot basketball at the Student Recreation Center (SRC).
Dependents who are 18+ years of age may book for the above areas as well as in the Weight Rooms of the SRC and the Quinn Recreation Center (QRC).
Who is considered a dependent?
The following family members of students, permanent employees (faculty and staff), temporary and adjunct staff, and retired faculty/staff of Appalachian State University are considered "dependents" and qualify for access:
- Spouses/domestic partners
- Children under 19 years of age living at home
- Children 19 years or older who qualify as a dependent for federal income tax purposes. (Specifically, this means that the child is currently enrolled as a full-time student.)
Requirements for Facility Access:
- A dependent must be 18 years or older to be in the facility on their own.
- A dependent who is less than 18 years of age* will need to have a 18+ year old Parent or Guardian with them at all times.
- Each dependent must have a valid AppCard for admission.
* This requirement has been updated per App State's Policy 111.1 section 3.1 that defines a minor as any person under the age of 18.
How do you add a dependent to your membership?*
(* This needs to be completed in order to have access to Bookings)
If you wish to add dependents to your membership, please email Kimberly Anthony. The following information will be required for each dependent:
- Their name (First, Last & preferred name)
- Their date of birth
- Their gender
- Their phone number (or yours, if applicable). Please note whether it is a mobile number or a home telephone number
- Their email address (if different from yours)
Please complete the Payroll Deduction Membership Form below and submit it to Kimberly Anthony:
We kindly ask that you allow 2 business days to process this request. Upon activation of dependent access, we will activate your $8 monthly payroll deduction.
How will my dependent access their booking?
For access to your bookings, dependents will need to be registered. Visit our website to register each time for access.
Once a dependent arrives at the Student Recreation Center or Quinn Recreation Center they will need to:
- Swipe their AppCard for entrance into the facility
- Check in for their booking