The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
SRC Climbing Wall Policies
No AppState ID - No Entrance - No Exception. Guests must be accompanied by a participant with a valid AppState ID.
Participants must present a valid appcard for admittance to the recreation facilities. Individuals who present false identification (use an appcard other than their own), or whose ID is presented by another individual will be suspended from the recreation facilities for 3 days.
- No food, drinks, gum, cell phones, bags, excess clothing, or hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) in the climbing area.
- All climbers must check-in at the Outing Center before and after climbing for each visit.
- All climbers must have a current Climbing Wall Informed Consent form on file in order to participate.
- AppState OP Climbing Passes must be visibly displayed at all times.
- Climbers may use personal equipment pending approval from the Outdoor Programs staff. OP Staff reserves the right to restrict use of equipment judged to be inappropriate or in poor condition.
- Equipment is available for check-out in the Outing Center.
- No loose chalk is permitted in the climbing area. Chalk balls only.
- Please empty pockets and remove all jewelry before climbing.
- Tuck in loose clothing and tie back long hair prior to belaying.
- It is recommended that all personal items be stored and locked in the locker room.
- Stay off padded mats when you are not climbing or belaying.
- Appropriate footwear and attire are required at all times.
- Shoes must be closed-toed/closed-heeled and appropriate for climbing.
- Climbing without appropriate supervision is prohibited.
- Climbing or belaying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- The minimum age for belaying is 16 years old. Consent of a guardian is required for minors.
- Children 5 and under must wear an approved full body harness furnished by the user.
- Report all loose handholds and other problems to the climbing wall staff.
- Failure to adhere to Outdoor Programs policies and procedures as addressed above and in the Climbing Wall Policy Statement will result in loss of climbing privileges.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. (Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- This facility is being monitored by closed circuit cameras.
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expenses incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facilities.
Failure to abide by procedures will result in disciplinary action.
Report all injuries to the facility supervisor on duty.