The lifeguard training course is an American Red Cross course offered to individuals with a desire to become a lifeguard. This course will give you the skills necessary to save a life!
Lifeguard Classes are taught through the Blended Learning Format
Course length: 19.5 hours
The blended-learning lifeguard course builds the same knowledge and skills as the traditional in-person training. The online format includes interactive lessons and activities that can be completed on your own time before the start of the first session date. Instructor-led sessions reinforce the learning and the practical skill
Successfully complete the prerequisites.
- Attend and actively participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Score a minimum of 80 percent on the instructor course final written exam.
- Individuals in the Lifeguard (blended learning format must successfully complete the online sessions before the start of class).
- Prerequisites (completed on the first class)
- Must be at least 15 years of age by the end of the training.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both.
- Tread water for two minutes using only the participant’s legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds without goggles.Starting in the water the participant will swim 20 yards to retrieve a 10-pound object at a depth of 10 feet by either performing a feet-first surface dive or a head-first surface dive.
Please come prepared to learn and swim with a swim suit, towel, goggles, notebook, and a pen or pencil. Lifeguarding Fees include textbook, certificates, and pool access.
Classes 2021: Dates TBD
$200 General Rate $175 Student Rate
Lifeguard Registration: Register under Certifications Aquatic Safety Training Click Here http://apprec.appstate.edu
Register Early Limited space Opens for Registration August 2021