Administrative Programmer Job Description
Office Manager/Payroll Office
Minimum of one scheduled office hour per day, Monday-Friday. Average 5-7 hours per week.
The Administrative Programmer is responsible for assisting the Office Manager daily with filing, organizing and data processing of confidential employee and payroll information.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Maintain Personnel files in Payroll Office.
- Maintain exiting employee evaluation folders.
- Maintain injury report files, computer usage files, photo consent files and other statistical files
- Entering student payroll information on Employee signature forms bi-monthly.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Operate the copier, fax, laminating machines, recording on the hotline; answer the phones, taking messages, forwarding calls, and direct individuals to the person that can answer questions.
- Make employee name badges.
- Assist with special projects as they relate to UREC.
- Other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications for Hire
- Must have worked a minimum of one semester in another University Recreation program area.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Good TIME management skills.
- General knowledge in all areas of Recreation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of UREC’s policies and procedures and the ability to enforce them.
- Dedication to University Recreation and a desire to support its mission.
Condition of Employment
- Accepted candidate will be notified of their position and be required to attend a mandatory training session for their position.
- The Programmer should consider this position as their first non-academic priority. To fulfill the responsibilities of the job, and to successfully serve the needs of University Recreation and its employees.
$7.40 per hour
Applications are available online at www.urec.appstate.edu, at the Quinn, Mt. Mitchell LFC or the SRC. Please submit application with a resume and cover letter to the University Recreation Office at the Student Recreation Center. For more information please call 828-262-2100. Or follow directions of job posting (if opening available) at careergear.appstate.edu
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301