Recreational Water Illness
RWIs are illnesses that are spread by swallowing, breathing, or having contact with contaminated water from swimming pools, spas, lakes, rivers, or oceans.
Six "Pleas" of Healthy Swimming
- Please do not swallow pool water.
- Please do not swim when you have diarrhea. This is especially important for kids in diapers.
- Please practice good hygiene. Take a shower before swimming and wash your hands after using the toilet or changing diapers.
- Please take your kids on bathroom breaks or check diapers often.
- Please change diapers in the bathroom and not poolside.
- Please wash your child thoroughly with soap and water before swimming.