The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 6/2/2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
UREC Student Employment
University Recreation employs over 700 students each year. There is an array of job opportunities within the department, ranging from lifeguards to office assistants to intramural sports officials and more!
UREC's Mission: We are the playground for App State students developing strength in body, mind, and character.
To get an idea of the employment options check out the area job descriptions below:
|Administrative Positions||Outdoor Program Positions|
|Aquatics Positions||Intramural Sports Positions|
|Fitness Positions||Informal Recreation Positions|
|Facility Technician Positions|
Benefits of Working for University Recreation
- Flexible hours - you can work around your class schedule.
- A great atmosphere, fun people and a healthy environment.
- Develop work experience while still in school.
- An opportunity for public interaction.
- Leadership opportunities where responsibilities and communication skills are learned.
- Provide job opportunities for students who desire to work and/or need income.
- A great location-right in the heart of campus.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to:
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Dr.
Boone, NC 28608