UREC Student Employment
University Recreation employs over 700 students each year. There are an array of job opportunities within the department, ranging from lifeguards to office assistants to intramural sports officials and more!
Our Mission: We are the playground for AppState students developing strength in body, mind and character.
To get an idea of the employment options check out the area job descriptions below:
|Administrative Positions||Outdoor Program Positions|
|Aquatics Positions||Intramural Sports Positions|
|Fitness Positions||Informal Recreation Positions|
|Facility Technician Positions||UREC Academy Positions|
|Summer Positions: Camp UREC Positions|
Benefits of Working for University Recreation
- Flexible hours - you can work around your class schedule.
- A great atmosphere, fun people and a healthy environment.
- Develop work experience while still in school.
- An opportunity for public interaction.
- Leadership opportunities where responsibilities and communication skills are learned.
- Provide job opportunities for students who desire to work and/or need income.
- A great location-right in the heart of campus.
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Anna Lee Evans
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Dr.
Boone, NC 28608
The Daye Award is given to undergraduate student employees of the University Recreation Department that show excellence in sincerity, loyalty, integrity, dedication and stewardship for the department and Appalachian.
Douglas Miller Honorary Scholarship
Established in Spring 2012, the Douglas Miller Honorary Scholarship is given to deserving student-employees in University Recreation. The recipients of this scholarship serve as genuine, selfless ambassadors of UREC, as firefighter Douglas Miller did in New York on 9/11/2001.