Membership provides access to University Recreation indoor facilities, programs, and services. Your AppCard or the barcode through our UREC App will serve as your membership card to enter the facilities.
Initial memberships can be activated and purchased in person with cash or a check at the Student Recreation Center front desk with a scheduled meeting with UREC Office staff. Please read through the membership options and bring the correct documents to purchase your membership.
Rates & Payment Options
|Membership Rates - Individual||Annual||Semester||Monthly||Payroll Deduction|
|Faculty and Staff||$100||$35||$10||$10/month|
|University Affiliate||$100||$35||$10||not eligible|
|Retiree||no fee||no fee||no fee||not eligible|
|Membership Rates - Family||Annual||Semester||Monthly||Payroll Deduction|
|Faculty and Staff||$200||$70||$20||$20/month|
|University Affiliate||$200||$70||$20||not eligible|
|Alumni||not eligible||not eligible||not eligible||not eligible|
|Retiree||$120||not eligible||not eligible||not eligible|
- App Cards are not included in the membership price. They are an additional $15 per card.
- All memberships must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancelations or if your status changes with the university.
|Annual||Twelve  months consecutive period from purchase date.|
|Semester||Four  months consecutive period from purchase date.|
|Month-to-Month||One  month period from purchase date.|
Payroll deduction is an option for permanent faculty and staff for the monthly membership fee. The deduction will automatically continue until you complete a membership change form. If you would like to set up payroll deduction, please download our form and email the form to Kimberly Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process this payroll deduction form and notify Human Resources to begin the deduction.
After the initial meeting, you will be able to purchase and renew your membership online. Use your log-in credentials finalized at the initial meeting.
Types & Registration
Faculty and Staff
As an App State faculty or staff, you are eligible to purchase a membership. You are eligible for individual and family memberships.
Please fill out a Faculty & Staff membership form and bring it to the Student Recreation Center front desk.
As an App State affiliate, you are eligible to purchase a membership. You have affiliation through a department at the university and we will need documentation supporting this affiliation. You are eligible for individual and family memberships.
As an App State graduate, you are eligible to purchase a membership. You are eligible for an individual membership.
To join, alumni must set up a meeting with Member Services to create/update their member profile. For more information and to prepare for the meeting, please see the Alumni section below.
As an App State retiree, you are eligible for a membership at no charge. You are eligible for individual and family memberships.
|Faculty Staff, University Affiliate, and Retirees are eligible to purchase a family membership. For more information, please see the Family section below.|
Changes to your Membership
Download our form and email this form to Kimberly Anthony at email@example.com. We will process this change form and notify Human Resources of the change.
To prepare for your meeting with UREC to set-up your alumni account, please complete the following:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a 15-minute meeting during business hours
- Secure proof of your App State Alumni status. Below is a list of acceptable ways to show proof:
- App State Connect phone App
- Unofficial transcript via AppalNet
- University Diploma
During the meeting, Member Services staff will assist you to set up your profile in our database for payments, registrations, and facility access.
Faculty, staff, university affiliates, and retirees can sponsor and add family members.
- Family members must be part of the household, and proof of the same address is required for confirming family membership registration.
- You may register and pay online for the family membership, however you will need to visit the Student Recreation Center to add your family members.
- The current member (sponsoring member) will need to complete information shared in person to confirm family members being added to the plan.
- Family members less than 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian to our facilities. The parent/guardian needs to remain with their family member at all times if they are less than 18 years of age.
- Family members 18 years of age or older do not need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Children included as family members are eligible for the membership until they are 26 years of age.
Below is a list of acceptable items to bring with you for showing proof of same address.
|Accepted Items||Not Accepted Items|
|Current utility bill||Marriage license|
|Personal checks||Junk mail|
|Current lease/mortgage agreement||Handwritten letters, forms, or documents|
|Valid driver's license||Credit card application|
|Current insurance bill or card|
|Current credit card statement|
|Current bank statement|
|Current semester tuition bill|
|Current payroll check|
Once the paperwork is received and approved, UREC will confirm the information for family members with the AppCard Office and provide instructions for getting IDs made at the AppCard office.
- Cards (first card) for household members are $15 each.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 828-262-2100 with any questions related to memberships.