Student Access to Facilities
Student Activity Fees help cover the operational costs for University Recreation. Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled full time, paying student fees, are granted membership to the Student Recreation Center, the Quinn Recreation Center, and Mt. Mitchell Fitness Centre. Undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled part time are granted membership provided they pay the Student Activity Fee.
Additional information regarding access:
- Participants must present a valid AppCard/Scan of Barcode from our UREC App for admittance to the recreation facilities.
- Members must complete a Waiver. If the member is a minor under the age of 18, the parent/guardian must sign the Waiver before participation.
- University Recreation must obtain waivers with "original" signatures.
- The waiver is valid for a five (5) year period
Summer User Fees
Students who are registered for summer school will have access to the facilities through payment of student fees. Facility use is granted through payment of student fees. Some students such as those enrolled in International Programs, Internships and Student Teaching are not charged student fees because it is assumed that you are not on campus and therefore not using services and facilities.
If students are not enrolled in Summer School Classes they may have access to the facilities if they:
- Were enrolled in the previous Spring Semester classes
- Have paid a $20 facility activity fee at the Student Recreation Center and completed the facility usage form
Seniors who graduated in the Spring semester may also pay the Summer Facility Usage Fee during the same calendar year in which they graduated. The Summer Facility Usage form and payment can be completed at the Student Recreation Center to have your AppCard activated through the last day of summer school classes in August.
Students enrolled in Summer School but not charged student fees such as those enrolled in International Programs, Internships and Student Teaching may have access to the facilities by completing a Summer Facility Usage form.
Visit our page about dependents to learn more about dependent access.