The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 6/2/2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Douglas Miller Honorary Scholarship Application
- Current Appalachian State University full-time, undergraduate student
- Current student employee of University Recreation in good standing
- Continued employment for University Recreation during fall of the awarded scholarship
- 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Completed UREC Student Employee Douglas Miller Scholarship Application Form
- Scanned in copy of his/her unofficial transcript and current enrollment information from the Registrar's Office (pdf)
- 250 words minimum essay describing how his/her UREC job has impacted his/her education (pdf)
- Letter of support from his/her professional staff supervisor (pdf) *optional recommendation letters from additional co-worker sources may be submitted
- Current resume (pdf)
All materials submitted online must be submitted via website in .pdf format.
Completed applications must be received by 5pm April 9, 2019 online. Incomplete applications and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Award recipients will be selected by the University Recreation Student Employee Miller Scholarship Committee. Selection criteria will include overall excellence in work performance, academic record and co-curricular achievements.
Previous winners are not eligible.
Please submit application materials listed above by 5pm April 9, 2019 via web site: Douglas Miller Honorary Scholarship Application Form (requires an Appalachian State University log in).
University Recreation would like to extend its gratitude to Ms. Barbara Daye & Ms. Lori Miller for providing funding for these scholarships.