The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Cash Register Manager Job Description
|Title:||Cash Register Manager|
|Reports To:||Assistant Director of Informal Recreation|
|Hours:||Must be available early mornings, evenings, or weekends. Minimum of 6 hours a week.|
Position Summary: The Cash Register Manager is responsible for handling and recording all cash register sales/transactions at the SRC console. In addition, they are expected to perform all of the duties of a Console Attendant. This person will handle all of the cash register sales that take place during each shift. They are responsible for ringing up all transactions such as Outdoor Programs trips and rentals, camp, class and swim registrations, as well as guest passes. This person must be comfortable handling money, recording transactions and filling out registration sheets. This person must be focused and detail oriented. This person will be one of the first person participants meet and turn to for facility questions. This person will need to be organized and friendly. The cash register manager will work closely with the console attendant and facility supervisor as well as perform duties as assigned by Directors, Coordinators or Programmers. It is also the cash register manager’s responsibility to attend all meetings that are scheduled by the Informal Recreation department.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Comply with university revenue handling procedures.
- Maintain a change fund.
- Ring up sales and give back correct change.
- Record transactions on cash register log legibly and accurately.
- Accurately complete camp and class registration forms.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all participants by providing program information and answering questions according to guidelines.
- Aid participants in registering for various programs/events.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Issue various equipment to participants and ensure it is returned in the same condition it was checked out.
- Be attentive to details – always return AppCard correctly and fill out facility forms correctly.
- Verify access to the facilities by checking identification.
- Aid in enforcement of University Recreation policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents/incidents to Facility Supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean facility.
- Being able to complete tasks efficiently and without very close supervision.
- Work closely with other student employees such as, but not limited to, Facility Supervisors, Programmers, and Professional Staff.
- Be a supportive team player and leader for University Recreation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Hire:
- Possess the ability to interact with patrons, participants, professional staff, and coworkers in a professional manner.
Condition of Employment:
- Accepted candidates will be notified of their assigned positions and be required to attend a mandatory training session to be held before each semester of employment. Staff hired after this date will be required to attend mandatory training sessions as assigned.
- Cash Register Managers must reply to weekly emails in a timely fashion or attend a weekly meeting.
- Cash Register Managers must be available to work seven days per week and have flexibility for morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Employees are expected to work a minimum of 6 hours per week.
- As part of your leadership development, cash register managers should be active participants throughout the year in UREC.
- Cash Register Managers must be committed to working together, and to helping each other to develop creative ideas and solutions.
- Cash Register Managers must abide by all University Recreation policies and procedures on and off the clock.
Salary: $8.00 - $8.20 per hour
To Apply: Applications are available online at urec.appstate.edu, at the Quinn, Mt. Mitchell LFC or the SRC. Please submit application with a resume and cover letter to the University Recreation Office at the Student Recreation Center. For more information please call (828) 262-2100, or follow directions of job posting (if opening available) at careergear.appstate.edu.