SRC Weight Room Policies
- No food, drinks, gum, personal belongings, hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) or rollerblades allowed in weight room area at any time.
- Personal belongings (wallets, keys, water bottles/containers, bags, excess clothes, cell phone, etc.) cannot be stored at the console.
- Lockers and cubbies are available for storage while working out.
- Individual wallet size lockers are available for a pay per use.
- Guests & Dependents must be at least 16 years of age to be in the Weight Room.
- Appropriate athletic footwear and attire are required at all times.
- Closed toe/closed heel non-marking athletic shoes are required. NO BOOTS, CLEATS, OR SPIKES.
- Weight room equipment must remain in this specific area at all times.
- Re-rack all plates, dumbbells & attachments after each use. Plates should not be left on the bars.
- Weights are not to be DROPPED or SLAMMED.
- All power lifting and Olympic lifting must use rubber bumper plates.
- No spitting in weight room area, in the water fountains or waste bins.
- Please wipe down equipment before after each use.
- Equipment should be used for its intended purpose. Modification is prohibited. Please report equipment malfunction or damage to a Facility Supervisor on duty.
- Keep weights clear from all windows and mirrors.
- Spotters are highly recommended for all overhead/max lifts.
- Clips are mandatory on all lifts with weights at all times.
- Please use proper Weight Room Etiquette. Allow others to work in between sets.
- No chalk allowed at any time.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. (Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- This facility is being monitored by closed circuit cameras.
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expenses incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by
University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facilities.
Failure to abide by procedures will result in disciplinary action.
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE FACILITY SUPERVISOR ON DUTY
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301