SRC Main Gym Policies
- No food, drinks, gum, hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) or rollerblades inside the main gym.
- Appropriate athletic footwear and attire are required at all times.
- Closed toe/closed heel non-marking athletic footwear is required at all times. No BOOTS, CLEATS, OR SPIKES.
- No sticks, soccer balls, footballs, frisbees, or jump ropes, are allowed in the Main Gym unless during a UREC scheduled and supervised activity.
- Do not remove or break down any equipment located in the Main Gym. Please ask a facility supervisor for assistance if equipment removal/break down is needed.
- Lockers are available for storage of personal belongings while in the facility.
- Profanity and rough play are discouraged. Fighting results in immediate removal from the facility.
- Do not dunk, grab or hang on the rim.
- Please be courteous to other participants and limit the length of a game when others are waiting.
- University Recreation reserves the right to limit games due to the amount of participants.
- Pick-up games are open to all UREC participants.
- Court reservations can only be made through the University Recreation Office prior to an activity.
- During the hours of 8:00 A.M. 2:00 P.M., Monday Friday, academic classes may be conducted in the Main Gym. If you chose to use the gym during this time, please be courteous to the classes taking place.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. (Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- This facility is being monitored by closed circuit cameras.
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expenses incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by
University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facilities.
Failure to abide by procedures will result in disciplinary action.
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE FACILITY SUPERVISOR ON DUTY
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301