Quinn Center Policies
NO ASU ID - NO ENTRANCE - NO EXCEPTION
Participants MUST present a valid appcard for admittance to the recreation facilities. Individuals who present false identification (use an appcard other than their own), or whose ID is presented by another individual will be suspended from the recreation facilities for 3 days.
- No eating, glass containers, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, pets, gum, bikes, or skateboards hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) inside the facility.
- Appropriate footwear and attire are required for each activity area.
- Closed toe/closed heel non-marking athletic footwear is required at all times.
- NO BOOTS, CLEATS OR SPIKES.
- Guests and dependents under 16 years of age must have appropriate adult supervision while in the facility. Parent/Guardian must remain in the facility at all times.
- Host/Sponsors are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- It is recommended that all personal items be stored and locked in the locker room.
- Lockers are for day use only - locks will be cut and items removed nightly.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
(Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins.
- No spitting in the water fountains.
- Equipment and facilities should be used for their intended purposes. Modification is prohibited. Please report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member on duty.
- No cell phone use allowed in any of the restrooms or locker rooms.
- Personal belongings (wallets, keys, water bottles/containers, bags, clothes, cell phones, etc.) cannot be stored at the console.
- Equipment should be used for its intended purpose. Modification is prohibited. Please report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member.
- Wearing of eye goggles or protective glasses is strongly recommended while playing racquetball or handball.
- Do not open door when play is in session.
- Sign Court Reservation Sheet outside door before play. Limited to one (1) hour at a time.
- Please limit play to one (1) hour while others are waiting.
- Please wipe down equipment before each use.
- 30-minute time limit on a Cardio machine while others are waiting.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by
University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facility.
GENERAL GYM RULES & WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES ARE POSTED IN EACH AREA
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expensed incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE FACILITY SUPERVISOR ON DUTY
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301