Quinn Center Gym Policies
GENERAL GYM POLICIES
- No food, glass bottles, gum, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, radios, hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) or roller blades in the gym.
- Appropriate footwear and attire are required at all times.
- Closed toe/closed heel non-marking athletic footwear is required at all times. NO BOOTS, CLEATS, OR SPIKES.
- For best traction on gym floors, new gym shoes are recommended.
- Do not remove or break down any equipment located in the gym.
- Please ask a UREC staff member for assistance if equipment removal/break down is needed.
- It is recommended that all personal items be stored and locked in the locker room.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. (Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- Profanity and rough play are discouraged. Fighting results in immediate removal from the facility.
- Pick-up games are open to all UREC participants.
- During the hours of 8:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m., Monday Friday, academic classes may be conducted in the gym. If you chose to use the gym during this time please be courteous to the classes taking place.
- Court 1: Volleyball has priority unless otherwise scheduled by University Recreation.
- Courts 2, 3 & 4: Full court and/or half-court basketball play has priority unless otherwise scheduled by University Recreation.
- Do not grab or hang on the rim.
- Please be courteous to other participants and limit the length of a game when others are waiting.
- University Recreation reserves the right to limit games due to the amount of participants.
- Courts reservations can only be made through the University Recreation Office prior to activity.
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expensed incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE FACILITY SUPERVISOR ON DUTY
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301