Mt. Mitchell Life Fitness Centre Policies
NO ASU ID - NO ENTRANCE - NO EXCEPTION Guests must be accompanied by a participant with a valid ASU ID.
Participants MUST present a valid appcard for admittance to the recreation facilities. Individuals who present false identification (use an appcard other than their own), or whose ID is presented by another individual will be suspended from the recreation facilities for 3 days.
- Host/Sponsors are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Guests and dependents under 16 years of age are only allowed in Group Fitness Area. They must be accompanied by a guardian/sponsor at all times.
- It is recommended that all personal items be stored and locked in the locker room.
- Lockers are for day use only - locks will be cut and items removed nightly.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
(Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins.
- Equipment and facilities should be used for their intended purposes. Modification is prohibited. Please report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member on duty.
- No spitting in the water fountains.
- No cell phone use allowed in any of the restrooms or locker rooms.
- Personal belongings (wallets, keys, water bottles/containers, bags, clothes, cell phones, etc.) cannot be stored at the console.
- Please use proper Weight Room Etiquette: no continual sets. Allow others to work in between sets.
- Weights are not to be dropped or slammed.
- Equipment should be used for its intended purpose. Modification is prohibited. Please report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member.
- Re-rack all dumbbells & attachments after each use.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- 30-minute time limit on a Cardio machine while others are waiting.
- Sign the waiting list hanging on the wall when all machines are being used.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facility.
You should be aware that you may be injured participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expensed incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care.
REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE FACILITY SUPERVISOR ON DUTY
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301