Informal Console Job Description
|Reports To:||Assistant Director of Informal Recreation|
|Hours:||Must be available early mornings, evenings, or weekends. Minimum of 6 hours a week.|
Position Summary: The Console Attendant is an entry level position that answers/assists the Facility Supervisor. This person will be the first person participants meet and turn to for facility questions. This person will need to be organized and friendly. The console attendant will work closely with the facility supervisor as well as perform duties as assigned by Directors, Coordinators or Programmers. It is also the console attendant’s duty to attend all meetings that are scheduled by the Informal Recreation department.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all participants by providing program information and answering questions according to guidelines.
- Aid participants in registering for various programs/events.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Issue various equipment to participants and ensure it is returned in the same condition it was checked out.
- Be attentive to details – always return AppCard correctly and fill out facility forms correctly.
- Verify access to the facilities by checking identification.
- Aid in enforcement of University Recreation policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents/incidents to Facility Supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean facility.
- Being able to complete tasks efficiently and without very close supervision.
- Work closely with other student employees such as, but not limited to, Facility Supervisors, Programmers, and Professional Staff.
- Be a supportive team player and leader for University Recreation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Hire:
- Possess the ability to interact with patrons, participants, professional staff, and coworkers in a professional manner.
Condition of Employment:
- Accepted candidates will be notified of their assigned positions and be required to attend a mandatory training session to be held before each semester of employment. Staff hired after this date will be required to attend mandatory training sessions as assigned.
- Console Attendants must reply to weekly emails in a timely fashion or attend a weekly meeting.
- Console Attendants must be available to work seven days per week and have flexibility for morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Employees are expected to work a minimum of 6 hours per week.
- As part of your leadership development, Console Attendants should be active participants throughout the year in UREC.
- Console Attendants must be committed to working together, and to helping each other to develop creative ideas and solutions.
- Console Attendants must abide by all University Recreation policies and procedures on and off the clock.
Salary: $7.25 - $7.50 per hour
To Apply: Applications are available online at urec.appstate.edu, at the Quinn, Mt. Mitchell LFC or the SRC. Please submit application with a resume and cover letter to the University Recreation Office at the Student Recreation Center. For more information please call 828-262-2100, or follow directions of job posting (if opening available) at careergear.appstate.edu
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301