Field Technician Job Description
The Field Tech Employee will answer directly to Maintenance Mechanic and through him/her the Associate Director of University Recreation.
- These positions (6-12) will perform duties both indoors and outdoors. The position requires individuals who work well with their hands. The position requires individuals willing to get dirty, able to lift items weighting 50lbs, and willing to perform physical labor.
- Assist with all duties as assigned by the Maintenance Mechanics for University Recreation.
- Duties will include the following:
- Cleaning of Vehicles inside and outside / checking & filling fluids / tire pressure, etc.
- Cleaning of equipment such as cardio, weights, etc.
- Mowing, weed eating, spraying, backpack blowing, etc
- Painting/striping playing fields
- Wood work
- Painting (both indoors and outdoors)
- Cleaning of tennis courts, installing nets, etc
- Removing trash, empty trash cans, picking up trash, etc.
- Repair work that involves weight equipment, cardio equipment, backstops, doors, lights, etc.
- Digging holes, installing fence, etc
- Moving gravel, moving soccer goals, moving tables & chairs, etc
- Cleaning roofs, gutters, etc
- General carpentry
- Employee must be willing to work between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm (prefer shift hours of either 7am-11am or 12pm-3pm)
Employee must be available to work during the period it relates to the term….i.e.
*Fall Semester Friday before classes begin until the last day of regular classes
*Spring Semester Friday before classes begin until the last day of regular classes
*Summer term May 16th through August 15th
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor for Facilities and Maintenance
- Be LOYAL and maintain a PROFESSIONAL attitude and image consistent with the philosophical spirit of the UREC program.
Student Recreation Center
150 Bodenheimer Drive
Boone, North Carolina 28608
SRC Main Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035
Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center: (828) 262-8301